Problems with lorries
- do you have a problem with heavy lorries using unsuitable roads?
- are lorries using the roads through your area or village as a short cut?
- are they travelling too fast or making a noise when empty?
You can help us by identifying where and when the problem occurs so we can assess it.
You can either:
- contact your area highway office
- telephone: 0300 500 80 80.
The problem must be really serious, not just a nuisance.
It is unlikely that a lorry count of less than 30 per day (7am to 6pm) would be put on the countywide list for further investigation.
When a problem is reported it will be assessed and ranked in priority order. Priority depends on:
- the number of lorries using the road compared to local traffic volume
- whether the lorries cause accidents and travel too fast
- the nature of the road and the extent of development next to the road (particularly if there are schools or health centres).
Lorry watch is a scheme operated using local people to detect the misuse of weight restricted routes by heavy goods vehicles in Nottinghamshire.
Read more information about Lorry Watch.