[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Data Protection Act

If you want to know what information the Council has about you then you have rights under the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998. 

You can find out more about the Data Protection Act on the legislation.gov.uk website. There is also guidance about the Data Protection Act on the Information Commissioner's website: www.ico.gov.uk.

Make a request

You can write to the council at:

Nottinghamshire County Council
County Hall
West Bridgford

or email enquiries@nottscc.gov.uk

setting out what you want. If you have been dealing with a particular officer or department, you can write to them. It would help us to process your request if you mention the DPA in your letter or email. The request will be dealt with by the individual department concerned.

We may ask for further details to help us find the information you want. In certain circumstances we may edit the information we send to you.


We may charge you a fee for providing the information. We will tell you first so that you can choose whether to proceed or not.

More information

For more details about making a request, including sample letters see the Information Commissioners website.

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close