We are committed to providing a high standard of customer service to all residents of Nottinghamshire.
We have a Customer Service Code of Practice and Standards [PDF] for our staff, which gives a promise to you on what you can expect when you make contact with us:
- We aim to answer telephone calls within 10 seconds or 4 rings.
- We aim to send a full reply to written correspondence within 5 working days.
- We aim to send an acknowledgement straight away where a full reply cannot be given because of the complexity of the issues. The acknowledgement will clearly state the timescale when a full response can be expected and should normally be within 20 working days.
- If customers and service users require a personal interview and do not have a pre-arranged appointment we will see them within 20 minutes, or contact the appropriate service on their behalf if we are unable to deal with the enquiry directly.
When dealing with us:
- You can expect us to be welcoming, courteous, fair and respectful
- We will always be helpful and responsive, keep you informed and communicate clearly with you at all times
- We will let you know what we can provide, who to contact and how to get in touch
- We will aim to provide good quality information that is suited to your individual needs.
In return, we ask you to help us achieve our standards by being
courteous and respectful towards us and help us to help you by providing
the information we need.
If you would like to know more about our commitment to customer service you can contact us by writing to:
The Chief Executive
Nottinghamshire County Council