Nottinghamshire County Council Payroll Services are specialists in the provision of web based intuitive and interactive payroll management services with particular expertise in the field of real time system access to schools payroll data.
We pay in excess of 58,000 employees and pensioners per month across multiple employment types using world class technology. Our service includes full disaster recovery functionality and compliance with the very latest security standards.
Our specialist team has a long established reputation of providing professional, customer orientated support to schools and academies. Over 300 schools, academies and other external clients located throughout the country are now benefiting from our comprehensive and cost effective service.
We will work in partnership with your school to ensure you receive a high quality service which meets your needs.
We are constantly reviewing our services in order to improve efficiency, reduce costs and develop our service offer in line with the evolving schools framework and landscape.
What we offer:
- The use of a secure payroll portal which will allow the efficient transfer of payroll data to the payroll system and the production of confidential payroll reports.
- Telephone support service from experienced staff who understand the specific requirements of schools and are able to deal with complex transactional and payroll administration and queries for teaching and support staff.
- Prompt and accurate payments direct to employee bank accounts.
- Provision of a single point of contact via our Business Support Centre and an effective interface with other County Council financial systems and other bodies, such as HMRC, to ensure statutory compliance.
- Provision and management of RTI (Real Time Information) communication with HMRC
regarding employee and employer submissions.
- Provision and despatch of individual payslips displaying clear narrative on all elements of pay in an easily understandable format.
- Creation and amendment of employee records from agreed rates held on the pay system and upon receipt of information from HMRC.
- Input of data relating to staff appointments, terminations and variations in the payroll system.
- Calculation of deductions including tax, national insurance, pensions, attachments of earning, trades union subscriptions and voluntary pay deductions.
- Management of financial systems relating to payroll and compliance with statutory returns.
- Calculation and recording of sickness absence figures.
- Calculation of relevant pay in relation to maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Maintenance of comprehensive national and local pay scales, processing salary increments with an automatic calculation of pay awards and back pay and the requirements of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document.
- Implementation of pay changes in schools for all new and existing staff, including new pay structures and reorganisations.
- Advice and management of pensions auto enrolment in the payroll system.
- Year end procedures including completion and reconciliation of statutory returns (e.g. teacher and local government pensions and financial returns; service returns and productions and issue of P60s). Academies complete their own statutory returns
on the provision of data by Payroll services
- Provision of accurate and timely management information to enable schools to run budget monitoring reports.
- The use of a Secure Transfer System to enable the transfer of additional payroll documents securely.
"The NCC schools payroll services team are knowledgeable, supportive and friendly. At the end of the phone whenever needed they understand the challenges faced in schools and will do whatever they can do to resolve any issues. I've been SBM in 2 Nottinghamshire schools and the patience and understanding of the payroll team have shown me has been invaluable as I have learnt on the job ensuring that staff are paid accurately and on time." Mat Tarrant - Jesse Gray Primary.