Making changes to waterways

Ordinary Watercourses - Land Drainage Consent

If you want to build a culvert or structure (such as a weir) on an ordinary watercourse that may affect flow or flood risk, you need written permission from us before starting the work. 

Find out what changes require consent for both temporary and permanent works in line with the Land Drainage Act 1991. 

Apply for consent 

We advise that you contact us before you apply for consent so that we can discuss your requirements, give advice and ensure that your application is completed correctly. Before completing your application please review the application guidance notes [PDF] about ordinary watercourse land drainage consents. 

You can apply by downloading an application form [PDF] and email or post it to us. 

Further guidance 

Contact us 

Get in touch for advice or questions. 

Flood Risk Management 
Trent Bridge House 
Fox Road 
West Bridgford 

Telephone: 0300 500 80 80

Share this page?

Contact the Council

Find and talk with us online or contact us directly by online form, email, telephone, post or in person at one of our offices. Use our online form Visit us in person Call us on 0300 500 80 80