Opening hours and car parking charges
Winter season opening
- open every day, 10am - 4pm (weekdays) and 10am - 5pm (weekends and Bank Holidays)
- park and car park: 10am to 4.30pm on weekdays (shops and restaurants close at 4pm) and 10am to 5pm on weekends
- Forest Table restaurant: 10am to 4pm on weekdays and 10am to 4.30pm on weekends
The visitor information point is open only during busy periods.
The park is an outdoor attraction but on rare occasions we do have to close the park due to snow and ice.
Any closures will be listed on our disruptions page.
- telephone: 01623 823 202
- email: email@example.com
- £3 car parking charge applies on the dates marked in green on the calendar below.
- From 1 April 2017 the £3 car parking charge will apply every day apart from during the Robin Hood Festival, when a £5 charge applies.
2016/17 car park season ticket [PDF] now on sale, priced £30. Valid from 1 April 2016 to 31 March 2017. Covers two cars and can be used at both Rufford Abbey Country Park and Sherwood Forest Visitor Centre throughout the year. The season ticket also gives free parking on days when a special event car parking charge applies.
Season tickets can be bought from:
- Rufford Abbey Country Park shops
- Sherwood Forest Heritage shopt
- telephone: 01623 821310 (Monday to Friday, 10.30am to 4pm).