Cotgrave Country Park
Risen from the site of an old Colliery, Cotgrave is an area of rolling terrain, book-ended by wooded hills. We developed from reclaimed land and pit heaps, which surrounded the old coal mine.
- free admission and car parking
- dogs are welcome
- Grantham canal runs through the park
- main entrance is from the car park on Hollygate Lane.
- lose yourself in a peaceful setting of woodland, wetland and lakes
- explore the five kilometres of paths and trails on foot or by bike
- circle the edge of the site on horseback
- test your map-reading skills with an extensive orienteering course
Bus: The Cotgrave Connection leaves from Broadmarsh bus station. Plan a journey.
Car: Follow signs to Cotgrave from the A52, A606 or A46. Car access to the park is via Hollygate Lane. The nearest postcode is NG12 3HE.
Foot: There is pedestrian access from Colliery Lane.
Cotgrave Country Park is an informal green space. There are surfaced tracks and trails and a free car park. There are no toilets or refreshment facilities.
The fishing rights of Heron Lake are leased to the Cotgrave Welfare Diamond Angling Club.
For more information, contact: email@example.com.
The park holds regular volunteer days where you are welcome to lend a hand on conservation tasks. No experience is needed and we will provide training, equipment and refreshments.
The Friends of Cotgrave Country Park is a local supporters' group. Members meet in Cotgrave to discuss issues concerning the park, its users, wildlife and local community.
0300 500 80 80