Cotgrave Country Park
Risen from the site of an old Colliery, Cotgrave is an area of rolling terrain, book-ended by wooded hills. We developed from reclaimed land and pit heaps, which surrounded the old coal mine.
- free admission and car parking
- dogs are welcome
- Grantham canal runs through the park
- main entrance is from the car park on Hollygate Lane
- lose yourself in a peaceful setting of woodland, wetland and lakes
- explore the five kilometres of paths and trails on foot or by bike
- circle the edge of the site on horseback
- test your map-reading skills with an extensive orienteering course
Bus: The Cotgrave Connection leaves from Broadmarsh bus station. Plan a journey.
Car: Follow signs to Cotgrave from the A52, A606 or A46. Car access to the park is via Hollygate Lane. The nearest postcode is NG12 3HE.
Foot: There is pedestrian access from Colliery Lane.
The facilities at Cotgrave are limited to paths, trails and car park. there are no refreshments or toilets on site.
The fishing rights of Heron Lake are leased to the Cotgrave Welfare Diamond Angling Club.
For more information, contact: email@example.com
The park holds regular volunteer days where you are welcome to lend a hand on conservation tasks. No experience is needed and we will provide training, equipment and refreshments.
The Friends of Cotgrave Country Park is a local supporters' group. Members meet in Cotgrave to discuss issues concerning the park, its users, wildlife and local community.
0300 500 80 80