About the board
Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCB) were established by the Children Act 2004. The Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board (NSCB) covers Nottinghamshire County - excluding the City of Nottingham.
The Board is key for agreeing how relevant organisations co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and ensure the effectiveness of what they do. It also provides inter-agency training for colleagues working with children, young people, adults and families.
We also provide practice guidance in child protection issues.
NSCB Constitution & Membership list
- Board Membership List 2017 [PDF] - board members are senior representatives in each relevant organisation who can agree and commit their agencies to ensure the work of the board is carried through
- NSCB Constitution February 2017 [PDF].
NSCB Plans and Strategies
- NSCB Business Plan 2016-18 [PDF]
- CSE delivery plan [PDF]
- neglect strategy [PDF]
- strategy to safeguard children exposed to parental substance misuse and/or mental ill health [PDF]
- NSCB Communication and Engagement Strategy [PDF]