About the board
Local Safeguarding Children Boards (LSCB) were established by the Children Act 2004. The Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Board (NSCB) covers Nottinghamshire County - excluding the City of Nottingham.
The Board is key for agreeing how relevant organisations co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and ensure the effectiveness of what they do. It also provides inter-agency training for colleagues working with children, young people, adults and families.
We also provide practice guidance in child protection issues.
NSCB Constitution & Membership list
- Board Membership List 2018 [PDF] - board members are senior representatives in each relevant organisation who can agree and commit their agencies to ensure the work of the board is carried through. The Board Membership list is current representation and does change frequently if you require the latest version contact the Board email address.
- NSCB Constitution February 2017 [PDF].
NSCB Plans and Strategies
- NSCB Business Plan 2016-18 [PDF]
- CSE delivery plan [PDF]
- neglect strategy [PDF]
- strategy to safeguard children exposed to parental substance misuse and/or mental ill health [PDF]
- NSCB Communication and Engagement Strategy [PDF]