Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Adults Board Meeting – 12 July 2018
- updates from the Learning and Development, Safeguarding Adults Review and Quality Assurance Sub-Groups were provided by their respective Chairs. The Chair advised that a separate Sub-Group Chairs' meeting is being set up to afford the Chairs the opportunity to ensure that their respective Action Plans are fully aligned, in order to deliver the Board’s strategic plan as effectively as possible. A date is currently being arranged for this
- Tina Hymas-Taylor, Head of Safeguarding for Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust, went through the LeDeR Update report as prepared by Greater Nottingham Clinical Commissioning Partnership Director of Personalised Commissioning Sally Seeley. The figures given around case and reviewer numbers for Nottinghamshire are similar to those nationally. There remains a mechanism in place to effectively prioritise these cases for review
- Andy Gowan, Detective Superintendent Head of Public Protection Investigation and Intelligence Command for Nottinghamshire Police, gave updates on two issues:
- Modern Day Slavery: update figures and trends were given. As Modern Slavery is a stipulated consideration within the Care Act, it was agreed to have the Police present updates on this every 6 months.
- IICSA Update: a brief update was provided on the ongoing Operation Equinox.
- the Chair advised that Nottinghamshire County Council is undertaking a Mapping exercise to provide a clear picture of the many separate Boards that members attend (such as this Board, the City SA Board, Health and Wellbeing Board etc). There is currently no collated record of these or their functions, so this is hoped to provide some internal and external clarity around these, why and how they operate and their relation to each other
- Hester Kapur, Evidence and Insight Officer for Healthwatch Nottinghamshire, presented the draft findings from the Healthwatch Safeguarding Awareness Survey undertaken jointly in the City and County. Paul Hughes, Development Officer for the Safeguarding Adults Strategic Team, Nottinghamshire County Council, presented the findings of the separately run Nottinghamshire County Council Safeguarding Adult Awareness Survey 2018, as well as findings from analysis of the two sets of results. Further discussion led to amendments to some of the recommendations from the Healthwatch Survey Report; this is to be considered further
- the Chair gave updates on the NSAB Risk Register, East Midlands Safeguarding Adults Network (EMSAN), and the National MSP pilot, and asked for nominations or volunteers for the SAR Champion role for the County.
- Organisational updates were given:
- Nottinghamshire Police are undergoing a significant structural change in senior staff roles
- Ruth Hawkins, Chief Executive for Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust is leaving and so recruitment is underway for this role
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust have just undergone a CQC inspection, with no significant concerns reported around Safeguarding
- David Pearson is leaving his role as Corporate Director for Adult Social Care, Health and Public Protection, Nottinghamshire County Council in January 2019. Recruitment will begin accordingly
- the Portfolio Holder for Safeguarding at the Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service is due to change to Craig Parkin by the end of July.
- Mansfield and Ashfield CCG is undergoing a significant systems architecture change; Amanda Sullivan, Chief Operating Officer, will provide more information once it is completed in October 2018
- some organisational changes are due at National Probation Service in the future and will be shared with the Board when set.