Get Up & Go - Notts events for the over 50s
Six events are being held in Broxtowe, Gedling and Rushcliffe to encourage people to ‘Get Up & Go’ as part of National Older People’s Day (1 October).
The County Council is working with partners to offer the sessions which will give older people the chance to try out Tai Chi, chair-based exercise classes, get healthy living advice and vital home safety tips.
The events will take place on:
• 26 September (9.30am – 1pm) at Park House Health Centre, 61 Burton Road, Nottingham, NG4 3DQ
• 28 September (10am – 2pm) at Carlton Forum Leisure Centre, Coningswath Road, Carlton, Nottingham, NG4 3SH
• 29 September (1 – 3pm) at Broxtowe Voluntary Action, Oban House, 8 Chilwell Road, Beeston, NG9 1EJ
• 5 October (2 – 4pm) at Yew Tree Court, Union Street, Beeston, NG9 2NA
• 5 October (10am – 2pm) at Chestnut Avenue Day Centre, 20 Chestnut Avenue, Bingham, Nottingham, NG13 8AU
• 7 October (10am – 4pm) at Methodist Church, Chilwell Road, Beeston, NG9 1EH
Councillor Stuart Wallace, Chair of the Adult Social Care and Public Health Committee, said: “By keeping active and making simple lifestyle changes, people can make a positive difference and help to stay fit and well for longer. We hope that these events will encourage local people to try out new activities and meet new people.”
The full programme of events is available at www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/falls People can also find information about local exercise courses, free home hazard assessments and some tips to prevent falls.