Working to best practice
The Waste Management Group operates an Environmental Management System (EMS) and has achieved ISO 14001:2004 following external assessment. This means that we are now working to internationally recognised best practice.
High levels of performance
Effective management is very important in attaining high levels of environmental performance, therefore it is desirable to have in place a structured system that enables processes to be established, measured and revised. Our EMS enables us to maintain these high levels of performance.
The International Standard 14001 specifies the requirements for an EMS, including:
- Developing an environmental policy
- Establishing objectives and processes
- Taking action to improve performance
- Continual maintenance and improvement of the EMS
- Ensuring compliance with environmental laws and regulations
- Supporting environmental protection and prevention of pollution.
The Environmental Policy is made available to the public upon request.