[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future
Accepted at recycling centre?

Yes, with restrictions

Scrap metal recycling
Further details

This waste is not household waste and is usually disposed of by tradespeople carrying out renovations, for which they include a charge in the cost of the work. You should also make sure that the tradesperson holds a valid Waste Carrier's Licence and provides details of where the waste will be taken to for disposal. 

However, if you have replaced a radiator yourself, you can take it to any Recycling Centre unless your radiators contain asbestos.

Please note: a permit system is in operation for household waste taken to Recycling Centres in a van, pick-up, car-towed trailer or sign written vehicle. However, you will not be allowed to dispose of waste that is connected to your sign written vehicle even if it is your own household waste e.g. radiators from a vehicle advertising plumbing/heating services.

If you are hiring a van to transport your own household waste, temporary access can be granted by calling the Customer Service Centre at least 48 hours before your planned visit.

You could also hire a skip if you have larger amounts of this type of waste or contact your district council who may be able to provide a chargeable bulky waste collection.

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close