[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future
Bricks/Building materials (Also see Plasterboard)
Accepted at recycling centre?
Yes in small amounts
Hardcore and rubble recycling
Further details

This waste is not household waste. If you have carried out refurbishments yourself, you can only take small amounts of this waste to any Recycling Centre.

If the work was carried out by a tradesperson, it is their legal responsibility to dispose of this waste and a payment for this service should be included in the cost of the work. You should also make sure that the tradesperson holds a valid Waste Carrier's Licence and provides details of where the waste will be taken to for disposal.

Please note: a permit system is in operation for household waste taken to recycling centres in a van, pick-up, car-towed trailer or sign written vehicle. However, you will not be allowed to dispose of waste that is connected to your sign written vehicle even if it is your own household waste e.g. building materials from a vehicle advertising building services. 

Please note: If you are hiring a van to transport household waste, temporary access can be granted by calling the Customer Service Centre at least 48 hours before your planned visit.

Alternatively, you could hire a skip.

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close