[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future
Bathroom Suites
Accepted at recycling centre?

In the 'hardcore and rubble' skip for ceramics, the 'scrap metal' skip for metal baths and the 'household waste' skip for plastic baths.

Hardcore, scrap metal and household waste
Further details

You can take bathroom suites to a Recycling Centre if you have installed a new bathroom suite yourself in your own property and need to dispose of the old one.

If your new bathroom is installed by a tradesperson, it is their legal responsibility to dispose of your old suite and a payment for this service should be included in the cost of the work. You should also make sure that the tradesperson holds a valid Waste Carrier's Licence and provides details of where the waste will be taken to for disposal.

Please note: a permit system is in operation for Household Waste taken to recycling centres in a van, pick-up, car-towed trailer or sign written vehicle. However, you will not be allowed to dispose of waste that is connected to your sign written vehicle even if it is your own household waste e.g. bathroom fittings from a vehicle advertising plumbing services.

If you are hiring a van to transport  your own household waste, temporary access can be arranged by calling the Customer Service Centre at least 48 hours before your planned visit.

Alternatively, you could hire a skip or contact your district council who may offer a chargeable bulky waste collection.

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close