[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Healthcare Waste

Request a healthcare waste collection

You can request a healthcare waste collection if your healthcare professional (e.g. GP, practice nurse, district nurse, hospital consultant etc.) has told you that you need to.

Healthcare waste refers to any waste produced by, and as a consequence of, healthcare activities. It is very important that this type of waste is assessed by a medical professional in order to make sure it is disposed of appropriately.

Only infectious healthcare waste and sharps/needles require a separate healthcare collection. If your healthcare professional feels that it is appropriate for you to receive a separate collection for the waste you are producing please complete our online form.

If a healthcare professional has identified that you're producing non-infectious healthcare waste this can safely be placed in your general waste bin.

More help and information is available on the Healthcare Waste Frequently Asked Questions page.

Healthcare waste is not accepted at Recycling Centres.

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close