Fees for marriages and civil partnership ceremonies
- Notice fee (Monday to Friday): £35.00 per person
- Notice fee (Saturday, including £10.00 per person booking fee): £45.00 per person
Register office - basic ceremony
- Monday to Friday (limited availability): £46.00
Register office - standard ceremony
Register office - enhanced ceremony
- Monday to Thursday: £190.00
- Friday to Sunday: £300.00
- Bank Holidays: £365.00
Contact your local register office
Naming ceremony, renewal of vows ceremony and memorial service
Civil funeral / memorial service
Change of name deed
Nationality checking service
- Single adult: £55.00
- Minor: £40.00
- Joint adult (married/unmarried or civil partnership): £100.00
- Family (2 adults married/unmarried or civil partnership and 2 minors): £130.00
- Each additional minor to a family application: £25.00
Individual citizenship ceremonies
Monday to Friday.
- One applicant: £105.00
- Each additional applicant: £25.00
At the time of registration: £4.00
After the day of registration: £7.00
Standard Service:** £10.00
Express Service:*** £20.00
Please note: Records of recently registered events may still be in the custody of the local Registrar, so please check before applying as this will affect both the cost and from where the certificate can be obtained.
Commemorative certificate service
- Unframed/Framed: £10.00/£15.00
Living eulogy writing
Family tree scroll
- Children’s activity poster: £5.00
- Adult family tree scroll: £6.00
- Charges are subject to increase in April 2016. All prices are inclusive of VAT where appropriate.
- * Charges for approved premises are for the attendance of registration officers and do not include the hire of the room or any other wedding service.
- ** Standard service (postal applications and non-urgent personal callers - for despatch within no more than 4 working days).
- *** Express service (whenever possible - for personal callers – same day production and despatch).