Working for the Council has a range of benefits. Staff can also access certain information and services from home via our staff zone
As an employer, the County Council offers a wide range of flexible and "family friendly" employment initiatives and working arrangements to the majority of its employees.
These are aimed at creating a positive working environment in which employees are able to work to their full potential and achieve a healthy work/life balance.
- A comprehensive induction, training and development programme
- Corporate accreditation as an "Investor in People"
- Excellent final salary pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Generous annual leave provisions, in addition to 8 days statutory bank holiday entitlement.
- Special leave provisions for employees with caring responsibilities
- Special leave for the observance of religious festivals
- Job share policy
- Career break scheme
- An "Affirmative Action Employment Strategy", which underpins our commitment to employing disabled people
- A commitment to healthy working, including a health promotion programme
- Employee counselling service
- "Westfield Health Scheme"- a comprehensive employee health plan
A Living Wage employer, paying the nationally agreed Living Wage hourly rate to over 2,000 of the Council’s lowest paid employees. The Living Wage is an hourly rate of pay, set independently every year and based on the cost of living in the UK.
Nottinghamshire is in the East Midlands, situated close to the hub of the nation's transport network. It has attractive countryside and vibrant urban centres, with excellent leisure, arts and sporting facilities.
Find out more about living and working in Nottinghamshire.