There is a range of support available for people with a disability.
If you have a disability or long-term health condition and you are seeking help and advice to find employment you may be eligible for support through the Work Choice programme. In Nottinghamshire this is provided by the Shaw Trust.
To find out more about the programme please ask to speak to a Disability Employment Adviser at your local Job Centre Plus office.
We can offer support to local businesses who are interested in offering employment opportunities for people with a disability [PDF].
If you have a learning disability our iWork team can offer you support to get a job.
The iWork team can:
- look at your skills, interests and qualifications
- find jobs that you might like to do
- explain what will happen with benefits if you get paid work
- give you the opportunity to try out jobs to see if you like them
- carry on giving you support when you find a job to help you stay there.
- Telephone: 01623 644 591
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: Phoenix Unit, 1 Isabella Court, Millenium Business Park, Mansfield NG19 7JZ
You can do this yourself or get someone else to do it for you.