[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Petroleum licence

Registration form

You will require a petroleum licence if you store petrol in a tank or bowser for delivery into the fuel tank of a vehicle or other internal combustion engine.

When you apply for a licence you will receive a written acknowledgement. An officer from the Trading Standards Service will then contact you to discuss your application and the proposed storage and dispensing arrangements.

How much will it cost?

The fee for a licence is payable annually. The current fees are:

 Amount  Fees
 Up to 2500 litres  £42.00
 Exceeding 2,500 litres but not exceeding 50,000 litres  £58.00
 Exceeding 50,000 litres  £120.00 
 Transfer of a licence  £8.00 

This information is a brief summary of the law as it relates to the storage of petroleum spirit. It is not an authoritative document on the law and is only intended for guidance. For further details or clarification please contact the Trading Standards Service.

How to apply and pay

Fill in and return the Petroleum spirit licence form [PDF 100KB] with a cheque made payable to Nottinghamshire County Council.

We will process your application and will normally send you a licence/registration document and receipt for your payment within three working days. In the event that we are unable to send these within this timescale we will contact you to explain the reason for the delay.

Further information

Trading Standards
County House
100 Chesterfield Road South
NG19 7AQ

Tel: 01623 452005
Email: tslicensing.cc@nottscc.gov.uk 

EmailMe Logo

With emailme you can receive regular updates about council services and events straight into your inbox.

How do you rate this page?

By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close