What is e-Procurement?
This is the use of electronic methods at every stage of the purchasing process, from the identification of requirement through to payment, and potentially to contract management.
Electronic enablement of the purchasing process can be specifically identified as:
- e-sourcing – tools include the use of e-tendering systems, e-RFQs (requests for quotations/evaluations) and e-auctions
- e-procurement for transactional purposes – tools include marketplaces using techniques such as e-catalogues
- e-marketplace - the county council subscribe to the IDeA Marketplace, a world class procurement system and electronic trading environment formed in partnership with e-Government Solutions (EGS). For further information go to website: www.idea.gov.uk
- e-payment – tools include e-purchase cards, e-invoicing and self-billing.
View the document E-Procurement at Nottinghamshire County Council [PDF 318KB] which explains the benefits of e-Procurement and how e-Procurement supports the County Council's procurement strategy.
Products and services available on the e-marketplace
The list below will be updated as new products and services come onto the e-marketplace:
- Industrial cleaning equipment and consumables
- non-food catering supplies
- office furniture - including furniture storage
- paper merchants
- protective clothing
- site contractors equipment
- supply of overhead projectors
- work wear.