We actively engage with local businesses, both the larger employers and smaller enterprises, to get their views on Nottinghamshire's economy, the issues facing businesses, the support available to them and doing business with the County Council.
A crucial part of the business engagement work has been the establishment of the Nottinghamshire Business Engagement Group, the first meeting of which took place at County Hall in July 2010.
The Business Engagement Group includes representatives of Nottinghamshire County Council and key business organisations.
About the Business Engagement Group
The objectives / roles of the Group include:
- Providing strategic advice to Nottinghamshire County Council (the Council) on issues that affect the business community and assisting in developing solutions to those issues. This includes short, medium and long-term trends and competitive influences that affect the performance and direction of the local economy and the impact of government policies at a national, regional and local level on business creation, viability and growth
- Providing an effective means of communication between the Council and the Nottinghamshire business community
- Assisting the Council to engage with the business community on matters of significance including the sharing of information and consultation with businesses
- Providing support in association with the Council to enable effective lobbying of Government on matters affecting the economic prosperity of Nottinghamshire and its businesses
- Capitalising on the opportunities presented by the business community in Nottinghamshire
- Ensuring that the needs of businesses are considered in the development of the County Council's Strategic Plan and delivery of services
- Ensuring that a wide cross section of the local business community is represented.
Who are the members of the Group?
Membership of the Nottinghamshire Business Engagement Group includes senior representatives of the following organisations representing business interests across Nottinghamshire: