Swimming is a life skill which every child has the right to learn!
Schools have a duty to provide 16-20 hours of quality swimming to all pupils, irrespective of their ability, during Key Stage 2. The Schools' Swimming Service is dedicated to providing the opportunity for all children in Nottinghamshire to access swimming. The Service endeavours to enrich all pupils swimming experiences and offers participation in gala events. Additional support to SEN pupils through Bridging Clubs helps develop the specific needs of individuals, creating pathways and opportunities for development of skills within the limitations of their disability. The Service provides qualified instructors and lifeguards and arranges pool hire and transport. The Service recommends all school teachers undertake the training offered to improve their confidence and impact on the learning outcomes of the children.
What we offer:
- The service is available to pre-school, special, primary and secondary school children of all ability levels.
- Access to all schools to provide the National Curriculum statutory requirement in swimming at Key Stage 2.
- High quality swimming in a safe environment.
- Highly qualified instructors and lifeguards who undergo regular training.
- Flexibility to meet the individual needs of schools and pupils.
- Provision of swimming galas for all schools to access.
- Provision of disability swimming clubs for pupils with additional needs in small ratio groups.
- Access to lead professionals in swimming for advice and support.
- The opportunity to all school teachers to access Module 1 & Module 2 training.
The Schools' Swimming Service is dedicated to providing the opportunity for all schools in Nottinghamshire to access a high quality swimming provision (in accordance with its health and safety guidance document), to ensure that pupils can strive to meet the National Curriculum statutory requirement in swimming at Key Stage 2.
ASA National Curriculum module 1 and 2 courses:
1 + 2 day courses in the teaching of National Curriculum swimming. Module 1 covers fundamentals of swimming, module 2 covers planning and improving swimming. Module 1 must be completed before module 2.
- Module 1 runs 4-5 times a year when demand is highlighted. Module 2 runs twice a year.
- Amateur Swimming Association tutors.
- Various venues across the County.
- For school teachers who assist in the delivery of teaching school swimming.
- £60 for module 1. £100 for module 2.