Property is the professional arm of the authority to manage the property portfolio involving the Corporate Landlord duties and responsibilities, ensuring statutory compliance, organising and advising on a variety of building projects and programmes to aid the service delivery across all aspects of the authorities departments.
Building on our experience in delivering property services to schools for over 50 years and currently working with all schools in various areas of advice, maintenance programmes and basic need requirements, we can offer a high quality and cost effective complete property solution which can be tailored to the unique requirements of your School or Academy.
Property have recognised your requirement for a cost effective collaborative solution for providing support to your organisation to help in the management, operation and improvement of your property. The services listed below are provided by our multi-discipline teams supported by local supply chains offering a fully integrated package tailored to suit your every need.
Recent successes on refurbishments, extensions and new school builds have made Nottinghamshire County Council Property one of the UK's leading Local Authority Design practices, Building on these successes it is Property's intentions to continue improving standards and delivery to meet the ever changing requirements of educational establishments.
Please use the named contacts against the area(s) of service you require as this will ensure your enquiry goes direct to the most appropriate person.
What we offer:
Property will offer an initial consultation up to 2 hours of free advice in areas of Design, Construction, Compliance and Maintenance to aid you in clarifying your exact needs, whereupon a detailed cost breakdown will be provided.
Design, Consultancy & Procurement
Architectural Design Services (John Brannan tel: 0115 9774521)
- New builds, refurbishments, extensions, improvements, repairs, alterations and office moves
- Structural engineering services
- Interior Design, space planning, disabled access and advice on low energy sustainable design.
Building Services Engineering Design Services (Jarrod Tandy tel: 0115 9774837)
- Mechanical engineering services - heating, water services, ventilation, air conditioning and boiler replacement.
- Electrical engineering services - lighting, power, fire and intruder alarms.
- Energy conservation
Project construction, installation and delivery (Phil Bodill tel: 07990550004)
- Construction projects from replacement heating / rewiring to partial or full refurbishment or new extensions or complete new builds Property operations can deliver a fully integrated service to meet your exacting needs.
Project management (Chris Higginson tel: 0115 9772490)
- Project management team can deliver successful projects to time, cost and specification to the requirements of the client
Compliance with all Statutory building related legislation
Asbestos (LMS Schools only) (Bob Watt tel: 0115 9774858)
- Risk Assessments, annual condition inspections. This facility is unavailable for Academies; guidance can be given on recommended suppliers for this service.
Legionella Water Systems (Steve Hughes tel: 0115 9772003)
- Risk Assessments, monitoring regimes advice and guidance on the management of water systems within properties.
Fire Risk Management (Derek Cox tel: 0115 9772165)
- Risk Assessments, advice and guidance on fire safety management within schools.
Plant & Equipment Servicing Agreements (Dale Renfrey tel: 0115 9773076)
Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007 (CDM) advice & management (Chris Higginson tel: 0115 9772490)
- CDM - Advice and guidance for compliance with the regulations pertaining to your legal responsibilities as Client,
Repairs & Maintenance
Full repairs and maintenance contract (Dave Lees tel: 0115 9773125)
- Defect diagnosis,
- annual service and inspections,
- planned maintenance
- 24/7 emergency response.
Strategic / Asset Management Plans (3 - 5 year plans)
(John Brannan tel 0115 9774521)
- As part of your long term planning process for your School / Academy, we can assist you in developing a 3 or 5 year maintenance / basic need strategy plan to aid your funding bids to the DFE / EFA.
Housing Management for Caretaker properties (Marie Glaister tel: 0115 9772158)
- Dealing with tenant issues
- Providing leases agreed with Trade Unions
- All aspects of Tenancy management
Site Management (Helen Smith tel: 0115 9773665)
- Including trespass, encroachment and site security
- Safeguarding issues
- Mobile classrooms
- Section 77 applications
Estate Management (Karen Bullen tel: 0115 9774920)
- Leasing of outside accommodation for school use
- Licenses for internal partnership arrangements e.g. breakfast clubs, after-school clubs etc.
- Communication towers licence management
- Solar panel license arrangements
- Negotiation of ratings assessments
Asset Data Management & Records
(Paul H Cooper tel: 0115 9773531)
The Property Group has traditionally collected and managed all asset records and data in order to ensure efficient management and statutory compliance of school properties. This service can continue to be provided in the following areas
- Asset Management Database document storage
- CDM and other compliance records
- Drawings and specifications
- Site plans and property layouts
(Andy Wells tel: 0115 9772293)
In an emergency situation Property can offer the necessary aid and guidance to getting you back to being operational at the earliest possible opportunity whether it is flood, fire or vandalism.
(Dale Renfrey tel: 0115 9773076)
- Bar-coding of plant and equipment throughout all buildings including office equipment etc
- Negotiation and management of Service Agreements covering plant and equipment
- Periodic Electrical (Fixed Wiring) Inspection and Testing by fully qualified electricians
As a not for profit organisation we are committed to keeping our costs as low as possible without impacting on quality. We will discuss your needs and provide you with an estimation based, wherever possible on a cost-plus basis.