ICT Services provide a professional and highly experienced advice and problem resolution service for all levels of ICT usage from new starters to network managers and senior leadership teams within schools.
The ICT service desk is a single point of contact for all ICT related incidents, requests, advice and guidance. We provide telephone and remote support for ICT equipment, services and applications covered by the level of service chosen. Chargeable on-site visits for either the classroom or administration network are also available.
We also offer a range of additional services which are supported by highly experienced staff specifically assigned to each service and solution.
What we offer:
We offer a choice of two levels of Service Desk support.
1C1N Service Desk, Anti-virus: support for the One County One Network (1C1N) and all its services (email, internet filtering, mail filtering), NCC-supplied anti-virus software (currently Sophos and including updates) for ALL desktop and laptop computers in school and LA hosted systems (excluding SIMS PX and SIMS Learning Gateway, these are covered separately)
1C1N Service Desk, Anti-virus and SIMS: as above plus this also includes the SIMS annual maintenance which includes telephone and remote support, the management of SIMS upgrades and support for all returns using SIMS. Includes support for Microsoft Office products in the school office.
These complement the ICT service desk provision for schools:
- Remote backup capacity: additional capacity over and above that provided in all support packages and tailored to the needs of your school. Provides a secure, encrypted backup and recovery service for data and is available in increments of 500Gb in addition to the levels of cover provided as part of all support packages
- School VPN: enabling secure access to the school network for office and teaching staff from any internet connected PC, laptop or other device whilst away from school
- SIMS dinner money, SIMS learning gateway (SLG), SIMS lesson monitor, SIMS partnership exchange: add-ons to the SIMS application, not covered by the SIMS annual licence. If your school already has any of these solutions, you must renew their annual maintenance agreements directly with Capita, though you can receive support and hosting services where applicable through ICT Services
- SIMS Learning Gateway (SLG) and SIMS Partnership Exchange: add-ons to the SIMS application, not covered by the SIMS annual licence. If your school already has any of these solutions, you must renew their annual maintenance agreements directly with Capita, though you can receive support and hosting services where applicable through ICT Services.
- Remote User Management: manages the user accounts required in school to access the local network, SIMS and 1C1N. This service is provided remotely and on request to create, amend and delete staff and pupil user access to each area. Requests are submitted via telephone or e-mail to the Service Desk therefore a 1C1N and SIMS Service Desk support contract is a minimum requirement. If you do not wish to take up this service then access will be given to the tools necessary to manage your own accounts for these products. This includes access to the 1C1N SUMS package to maintain your own accounts and mailboxes.
This service is NOT provided through any of the other existing on-site support contracts.
All services are priced annually and according to the size of the Primary, Secondary, Special or other school type, depending upon the number of pupils on roll in the school. For this purpose, Special schools are classified as a small Primary school.
||Primary and special schools
|1C1N Service Desk
|1C1N Service Desk inc. SIMS
||£200 per additional 500GB data storage
|SIMS Learning Gateway Hosting Platform only (software license paid to Capita)
|SIMS Partnership Xchange Hosting Platform only (software license paid to Capita)e paid to Capita)
|Remote User Management
NOTE – the 'Main Helpdesk' service and all the items associated with it (SIMS licence etc.) is included in ALL Break/Fix and Scheduled Visit support packages