Our service will work in partnership with your school to provide you with advice and support to enable compliance with statutory requirements. Together with Risk and Insurance, Emergency Planning and Property Services we aim to deliver an integrated solution to risk management for you. We offer two levels of service; our standard service enables you to meet legal requirements, whilst our comprehensive premium service is designed to give you absolute peace of mind, by implementing a bespoke H&S management system for you.
What we offer:
There are two levels of service to you to choose from:
Both levels of service will include:
- Statutory provision of health and safety support enabling compliance with the Management Regulations 1999.
- Auditing, reviewing and evaluating health and safety performance.
- On-site and telephone support and advice.
- Provision of best practice health and safety policies, guidance and model procedures.
- Accident investigation including reporting and recording systems.
- Support with key buildings and facilities management issues including asbestos, legionella and fire management.
- Membership of CLEAPPS.
- Full support with all contact/investigations carried out by enforcement bodies such as the HSE, Fire Service and Environmental Health.
- Access to our H&S learning and development Programme.
- The schools H&S training programme offers places at a reduced cost to all schools that buy back our service.
- Tailor-made school specific training can be arranged at an additional cost. Free attendance at annual Schools H&S Conference.
- We can provide a joined up approach to risk management at your school, which will be more effective and save you money.
Includes (in addition to the services listed under the standard offer):
- We will design and maintain a safety management system at your school including on-site support with your policy, as well as helping you develop and maintain general and specific risk assessments.
- Annual attendance at a School Leadership Team/Board of Governors.
- Free attendance at “Health and Safety responsible workshop” event.
- Investigation of all RIDDOR Reportable incidents.
- Support with civil claims and complaints to mitigate potential liability.
- Assistance with contractor selection.
- Up to 2 free places on our Schools L&D programme for schools.
|Type of school
Access to competent H&S support is a legal requirement. Failure to either buy back this or a similar service or employ your own competent person could therefore expose your school, staff and governors to potential prosecution resulting in significant fines and/or imprisonment.
Information about Health and Safety training opportunities is available in a booklet published each year for schools. Please contact us for further information.