This service provides year round advice and guidance on all matters relating to the role of governing bodies by staff who have a wealth of experience in supporting school governors. This includes advice and guidance on parent complaints, pupil exclusions, team working, and parent and staff governor elections.
What we offer:
- Termly briefing session for headteachers and chairs of governors and school based governing body clerks.
- Training and briefing for school based clerks (at least six hours per annum).
- Telephone/written advice to school based clerks, headteachers and governors throughout the year.
- Issue of the Nottinghamshire Governor newsletter for each governor three times per year.
- Support for governor recruitment.
- Guidance on governor elections (including standard letters and forms in electronic format).
- Support for chairs of governors, headteachers and link governors.
- Provision of key documentation (e.g. annual planner, decision planner and policy checklist) for heads and chairs to support management of workload of the governing body.
- Provision of advice, information, and support to individual governors via telephone helpline.
- Access to model documents, school policies, good practice guides and briefing papers, including staff and parent governor election procedures.
- All schools, academies and other education settings - £617 per annum.
- Schools and academies purchasing the governing body clerking service also receive all the benefits of the governing body advice and information service as part of the cost.
Schools purchasing the clerking service can purchase the governing body advice and information service at a reduced rate.
Governor Learning and Development is also available.
We provide school governors with a telephone helpline and written advice and information on their roles and responsibilities. This includes access to specific support for headteachers and chairs of governors through termly briefing sessions, model documents and good practice advice.