Library members can access a range of free digital magazines. You can do this from both library and home computers.
There are 80 titles to choose from. You can use your smartphone, tablet or PC to read a magazine wherever you are for free.
From 1st November the list of titles available as e-Magazines will be changing. We apologise if any of your favourites are affected. This is because some licenses are no longer available. We continue to work with our supplier to improve the number and range we can offer you.
Top titles include
- National Geographic
- Rolling Stone
- Hello! Magazine
- Marie Claire
- F1 Racing UK
- Good Housekeeping
- Golf Monthly
- iPad and iPhone User
Using the system
Once you have created an account (see below for instructions on how to do this) you can logon to access emagazines.
Creating an account
1. You will need to be a library member.
You can join the library online.
2. Navigate to the emagazines page.
3. In the log in box, click on the blue "Create Account" button.
4. Add your library number. (D followed by eight digits.) You can find this on the back of your library card. Once you have done this, click the green "Validate" button.
5. Add the required information:
- your e-mail address
- A password (you will need to add this twice to confirm it's correct)
- Your name
Once you've done this, click the green "Create Account" button.
6. You should see a success message. You will now need to check your e-mail account. Note: some users are not receiving these e-mails. We are investigating this problem.
7. Browse the selection of magazines and select one you are interested in.
8. You should be able to view your chosen magazine using your browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome), but you can also download the Zinio app to use on your PC, Mac, smartphone or Tablet.