Newark library's closure has been extended to allow for further work to take place to completely update the whole look and feel of the library.
Newark Library will now reopen at 9am on 19 May 2014.
The library closed on Christmas Eve and was initially set to reopen on May 1 following an upgrade of lighting, but the County Council has been able to carry out some additional work to modernise the library and avoid the need for a further period of closure in the near future.
The library works will now include:
- a complete new layout, making the building more accessible for all library users
- a new coffee area with a range of seating and new coffee machine
- £40,000 of new books
- new furniture, equipment and shelving
- a dedicated local studies section with integral study area
- a new meeting room, which will be available for community hire
Any items borrowed before the closure will now be due back from 2 June onwards.
Library members can borrow items from any county library and the extended opening hours at Balderton and Southwell libraries will continue during the closure.
During the closure, the opening times at Balderton, Collingham and Southwell libraries will be extended.
Balderton's extended openin times will extend until Newark Library re-opens:
- Monday to Friday 9am-6pm
- Saturday 9am-12.30pm
Collingham's extended opening times will end on 17 April will be:
- Monday: 2pm-5pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am- 12.30pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: 9.30am-12.30pm, 2pm-6pm
- Friday: 9.30am-1pm, 2pm 6pm
- Saturday: 9.30-12.30
- Sunday: Closed
Southwell's extended opening times will continue until Newark Library re-opens:
- Monday to Friday 9.30am-6pm
- Saturday 9am-3pm
- Sunday 12pm-4pm
Rattle, Rhyme and Roll sessions and the Work Club will continue to take place at The Newark Academy until Newark Library reopens.
We thank you for your continued patience and look forward to welcoming you back to your newly refurbished library from 19 May and to our Family Fun Day.