Who we are
The Education Library Service is a subscription service for schools, day nurseries and education support services in Nottinghamshire and Nottingham City.
If you want to borrow books from the Education Library Service, your school will need to subscribe to our resources service. If you are unsure whether your school has bought in, or would like any further information, please contact us.
To see how much these services cost, download a copy of the Education Library Service Tariff [Word]
You can also view our recommended books lists, detailing our pick of the best new books.
We can support your curriculum needs and help you to develop lifelong readers by providing an extensive selection of resources. You can choose from around 330,000 items, including:
- Picture books
- Information books
- Spoken word CDs
- Resource packs
- Big books
- Large print books
- Picture books in over 25 languages with dual English text
ELS has recently agreed with Scholastic that we can stock some of their CD-roms. These include some DVD material. Schools who borrow this material will need to remove the software from their PCs when they return the CD-rom to ELS, as otherwise this would infringe copyright. The CD-roms can be borrowed as part of the school's loan collection.
Obtaining your resources
Guaranteed Project service
If you want the best possible topic collection, try our Guaranteed Project service.
Benefits of using this service:
- We guarantee delivery by the required date as long as you order by the closing date
- We purchase additional stock to meet demand
- You can order by telephone, post or e-mail
- You can use this service for a whole project collection or specific items e.g. Big Books or DVDs on the topic of your choice
See the list below for closing dates:
|Project guaranteed for week beginning ||We need your project request by |
|Monday 1 September 2014 || Friday 30 May 2014 |
| Monday 3 November 2014 |
| Friday 29 August 2014 |
| Monday 5 January 2015 |
| Friday 31 October 2014 |
| Monday 23 February 2015 |
| Friday 2 January 2015 |
Guaranteed projects deadlines
|Monday 20 April 2015 ||Friday 20 February 2015 |
We will, of course, continue to do our best to provide you with collections irrespective of when your request is received.
ELS now has a book purchase scheme for school libraries in association with Peters Bookselling Service of Birmingham:
- You can order books for the school library using Peters’ online catalogue
- We will set up your account and provide training
- There is a review and an age category for each book, and most titles also show the jacket image and an excerpt from the text
- All books apart from textbooks receive 22 per cent discount
- Books can be supplied with spine labels and plastic jackets at a small extra cost if required
- They are delivered and invoiced direct to school.
Please contact us if you would like to register your school to use the service.