All Nottinghamshire libraries offer computer training sessions called Try IT.
These are usually one to one sessions but couples and small groups can usually be accommodated.
Sessions starting at a very basic level. Perfect if you have no prior computing experience!
The topics available are:
- Basic computing - introduction to using a mouse and keyboard
- Introduction to the Internet
- Setting up an e-mail account
These are the next step from TryIT and are offered by most libraries. You will need to have basic computer skills already.
The range of topics available include:
- Job seeking online
- Health on the web (includes booking a hospital appointment through NHS Choices)
- Ancestry and family history online
New sessions are being designed so watch this space for more information or fill out a comments form with your suggestion.
To sign up for any of these sessions please contact your local library by phone, e-mail or in person.
Try IT and Try IT+ are also available at Nottinghamshire Archives.