Have you hit a brick wall with your family history or other research? Don't know which way to turn? Nottinghamshire Archives' Research Service may be able to help.
Searches can be carried out for family, local and house history for a fee in most sources held at the Archives, including parish registers, census returns, wills and other records.
Even if your family was not Nottinghamshire based, we are able to undertake internet research for family history nationally. We have access to a wide variety of resources available on the Ancestry web site including census returns, London parish registers and the vastly improved General Register Office Indexes.
Find out more on our Research Service page.
New catalogues are now available on Nottinghamshire Archives’ online catalogue at http://nawcat.nottinghamshire.gov.uk. These include:
- Financial ledger of R Cripps and Co Ltd of Nottingham, bicycle manufacturer, 1909 - 1933 (DD/2679)
- Employee papers for John Player and Sons Ltd, 1970s - 1981 (DD/2680)
- Accounts of Charles A Brunning, seedsman of Newark, 1899 - 1909; and John Harvey, 1878 - 1903 (DD/2685)
Prisons and Houses of Correction in the Midlands printed booklet, 1769 (DD/2690)
- Records of the Friends of Nottingham Museums, 1976 - 2000 (restricted access) (DD/2692)
- Ledger for the Boulevard Cinema in Hyson Green, 1949 - 1961 (DD/2694)
- Records of the John Henry Blake's Charity, Mansfield, 1909, 2009 (DD/2695)
- Lace sample books of Thomas Adams Ltd of Nottingham, late 19th - early 20th centuries (DP/100/1-2)
Nottingham Scattered Homes children's creed and history register, 1941 - 1949 (restricted access) (CA/SS/3/5)
- Nottinghamshire County Council adoption application registers, 1930 - 1986 (restricted access) (CC/SS/16/1-3)
- Property book and terrier for Everton parish council, 1905 - 1992 (PAC/107/9)
King's Mill Hospital Education Base school admission registers, 1999 - 2010 (restricted access) (S/A163/14/16-19)
Bassetlaw Hospital Education Base school admission registers, 1996 - 2010 (restricted access) (S/A196/19/10-14)
Full lists of collections recently catalogued by Nottinghamshire Archives are available on our New Accessions page.