Nottinghamshire Archives holds many parish registers as the diocesan record office for the Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham, covering both the city and the county. This finding list for family historians relates to the Parish (Anglican) registers and Bishops' Transcripts.
This list is divided alphabetically and should be searched under parish name. The lists are available in PDF format. Please note that none of the files are more than 100KB in size.
See the copyright notice.
The finding list includes details of:
- registers available on microfiche at the Archives and local studies libraries
- original registers held at the Archives
- local studies libraries throughout the county which hold registers on microfiche
- surviving bishops' transcripts available on microfiche at the Archives
- published register indexes available at the Archives
- published register transcripts with indexes available at the Archives.
See a list of abbreviations used in the parish register finding list.
Bishops' transcripts are copies of the parish registers which were sent to the bishop on an annual basis.
The may occasionally cover gaps in the originals. However there are substantial gaps in the years covered by the bishops' transcripts. Please note that these gaps are not recorded in the parish register finding list.