Posted by Peter Lester at 24/08/2015 17:04:38
The Grand Fancy Bazaar was held in Wollaton Hall between August 4 and 6, 1884, in aid of the restoration of Wollaton Church. The programme includes a list of the ladies presiding at the stalls with descriptions of the characters they represent, which are all taken from the history of the Willoughby family. The ladies included:
- The Viscountess Galway
- Mrs Chaworth Musters
- The Dowager Lady Middleton
- The Marchioness Dowager of Waterford
- Lady Middleton
- The Hon. Mrs Ernest Willoughby
- The Hon. Mrs Violet Willoughby
- Mrs Miller Mundy, who took the role of Elizabeth, the first wife of of Sir Francis Willoughby, who completed the building of Wollaton Hall in 1588.
The programme is part of a volume, Lord Hawkesbury's bound copy, which also has letters concerning the Willoughby family inserted inside.