What our work clubs offer
Our work clubs are held on a weekly basis at selected libraries throughout Nottinghamshire.
The work clubs are open to anyone looking for work and are voluntary to attend. The clubs give people the chance to meet others looking for work, build new contacts, share job hunting experiences and get advice on job searches, applications, interview techniques, CVs and volunteering opportunities.
We hold special events regularly at the work clubs including sessions from employers talking about what they look for in job applicants, CV writing and confidence building workshops.
We encourage local businesses to support work clubs by offering work experience or mentoring opportunities to attendees and making them aware of vacancies within their organisations.
Where the work clubs are held
- At Arnold Library on Front Street, every Tuesday afternoon from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.
- At Hucknall Library on South Street, every Thursday from 3.30pm to 5.30pm.
- At Kirkby Library, Ashfield Precinct, every Friday from 10am to 12 noon.
- At Newark Library, Beaumond Gardens, every Thursday from 10am to 12 noon.
- At Mansfield Library in the Four Seasons Centre, every Wednesday from 10am to 12 noon.
- At Retford Library at 17 Churchgate, every Friday from 10am to 12 noon.
- At Stapleford Library on Church Street, alternate Mondays from 2.15pm to 4.15pm.
- At Worksop Library on Memorial Avenue, every Thursday from 10am to 12 noon.
- At West Bridford Library on Bridgford Road, alternate Mondays from 2pm to 4pm.
Are you interested in volunteering to support a work club? We are looking for volunteers to act as regular work club leaders. Training and support will be provided.
To find out more about sponsorship or volunteering, please contact Denise Stephenson on 07775 588 756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.