Employment support for people with a disability
If you live in Nottinghamshire and have a learning disability or Asperger's our i-work team can offer you support to get a job.
The i-work team can:
- look at your skills, interests and qualifications
- find jobs that you might like to do
- explain what will happen with benefits if you get paid work
- give you the opportunity to try out jobs to see if you like them
- carry on giving you support when you find a job to help you stay there.
Contact i-work on 0115 9632638. You can contact us yourself or ask someone else to do it for you.
For more information download a booklet on the support available.
If you have a disability or long-term health condition and you are seeking help and advice to find employment you may be eligible for support through the Work Choice programme. In Nottinghamshire this is provided by the Shaw Trust.
To find out more about the programme please ask to speak to a Disability Employment Adviser at your local Job Centre Plus office.