Nottinghamshire County Council recognises the need for some of our 6,000 employees to attend and run staff groups.
These groups are both a support network for employees and a consultation network for reviewing county council policies and services especially through equality impact assessments.
They report to the Corporate Equality Group and work with equality officers on our Equality Plan.
BME (Black Minority Ethnic) Network
Join this group and benefit from:
- a unique opportunity to network with other Black Minority and Ethnic employees working across the Council
- professional seminars and training courses
- sharing the personal and professional experiences of other Black Minority and Ethnic employees
- a chance to improve and promote positive working practices
- a focus and dedication to recruitment, retention and advancement of Black Minority and Ethnic employees
- support if you experience difficulties at work
- access to an extensive resource library that will support and advance personal and professional development
- recognition of the experiences of Black Minority and Ethnic employees and the chance or option to develop support
- an identity within a group endorsed by the Council’s Chief Executive.
Disabled Employees Support Network
This network is for employees at Nottinghamshire County Council who identify as having a disability. It aims to:
- support, help and offer guidance
- challenge discrimination in the workplace on the grounds of disability
- promote awareness of issues which affect people with disabilities.
Advise on making council services and policies more inclusive of people with disabilities.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Trans (LGBT) Staff Network
The LGBT Staff Network is for employees at Nottinghamshire County Council who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans. The aims of the network are:
- to support, help and offer guidance to all LGBT staff
- to challenge discrimination in the workplace on the grounds of sexual orientation/gender identity
- to promote awareness of LGBT issues
- to advise on making Council services and policies more LGBT-inclusive
- to provide all staff with confidential support and advice on LGBT issues.
The LGBT Staff Network also publishes a quarterly newsletter. Download the latest newsletter [PDF]
Nottinghamshire County Council
- telephone: 0115 9773304 or 0115 9774860
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.