Public Health Services
Here you can find information about how Public Health use information about you and protects your privacy.
Use of data relating to hospital attendances and recorded births and deaths
All Local Authorities have a duty to improve the health of the population they serve. To help with this, Nottinghamshire County Council uses data and information it receives from a range of sources including hospitals and the health service. In particular, the County Council receives:
- patient information relating to hospital stays and attendances in NHS hospitals in England (“Hospital Episode Statistics”); and
- information relating to recorded births and deaths.
This information helps us to understand more about the nature and causes of disease and ill-health in the area. The information is used to:
- support initiatives aimed at protecting the health of Nottinghamshire’s population;
- support the Health and Wellbeing Board’s duty to carry out a Joint Strategic Needs Assessment; and
- support commissioning of services.
Anonymised statistical data may be shared with Clinical Commissioning Groups and other health service bodies.