Celebrating clay and the potter's art
Earth and Fire - one of the country's premiere ceramic events, takes place every year in the grounds of Rufford Abbey.
Over a hundred potters from across the UK and Europe come to sell direct to the public from outdoor market stalls in the ancient abbey ruins and courtyards.
This annual event attracts collectors, gallery owners, enthusiasts and the general public alike, who flock to Rufford to meet and talk to the potters selling everything from garden planters and sculptures, to bowls, pie dishes, teapots, mugs, plates and egg cups.
All things ceramic
Truly a celebration of clay in all its forms:
- meet and talk to over a hundred potters
- buy everything from sculptures to egg cups
- browse trade stands selling tools of the trade
- support the next generation of potters on the campus stands
- enjoy the free demonstration programme
- wonder at the skills displayed in the Potters Games.
Our exhibitors change every year but we do have some potters who were there at the first event 20 years ago and still make the journey every year to take part. We have been privileged to play a part in the professional lives of so many talented people and thank them for making Earth & Fire a true celebration of clay.