Rock Climbing Single Pitch Award
This is the National Governing Body award for those wishing to teach climbing to groups on single pitch crags of the British Isles. Administered by Mountain Training England (MTE) the course follows a national syllabus covering the skills required for leading groups in this activity. Following a consolidation period these skills are examined on a 2 day assessment course. Participants are expected to provide their own personal climbing equipment for this course. Self-catering accommodation in the John Hunt Base is available as an option for participants.
Participants are required to have prior experience of rock climbing and must have registered with the MTE prior to attending training. Contact MTE (Mountain Training England) www.mountain-training.org
- to cover most aspects of the SPA syllabus
- to offer the opportunity for participants to learn, develop and discuss the skills required to lead groups on single pitch crags.
Contribution to leader competence - training course
- gain a range of skills necessary to progress to assessment
- the knowledge to consolidate the skills required to progress to SPA assessment.
Contribution to leader competence - assessment course
- successful completion will result in the Single Pitch Award.
Participants on the Single Pitch assessment course must:
- be registered with the MTE
- have completed training or gained exemption from training from the MTE
- met the requirements for assessment in the SPA syllabus
- have a valid first aid certificate at the time of assessment (minimum 16 hour course).
|Event date||Application closing date|
|Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 September 2017||Monday 29 August 2017|