Introduction to Paddlesports (Canoe and Kayak)
This course is designed for anybody who would like to have a go at paddlesports activities. The course will work towards the British Canoe Union 1 star, covering a wide range of essential skills. The course will look at the two most accessible forms of paddlesport activities, Canoeing (in two man craft) and Kayaking (in one man craft). No previous experience is required, however a basic level of fitness and a reasonable level of water confidence is required as craft will be required to invert for rescue drills during the assessment session.
- To provide a safe introduction to paddlesports
- To see how paddlesports can contribute to the wider curriculum
- To offer a route to developing further skills and qualifications
- To understand how paddlesports can develop individuals and teams
- To provide awareness of key things to look for when booking a provider.
Contribution to leader competence
- Develop initial skills and confidence in paddlesports
- A better understanding of curriculum opportunities offered by paddlesports
- Awareness of minimum requirements for booking safe providers of paddlesports
- Develop an understanding of how paddlesports can enhance group dynamics.
|Event date||Application closing date|
|Thursday 3 May 2018||Friday 20 April 2018|