Introduction to St Michael’s Environmental Education Centre
St Michael’s Environmental Education Centre located in Hathersage, Derbyshire is a residential centre for primary and special schools run by Nottinghamshire County Council.
This course is for teachers who are leading visits to St Michael's or teachers and other colleagues who may want to book in the future and are interested to find out what the centre has to offer. The first day (essential for potential leaders) includes an evening meal and evening activities. The second day is strongly recommended, covering more activities and programme planning. The second day includes breakfast and a packed lunch.
- to prepare leaders for a successful residential experience at St Michael's, so that a visit can enrich the school and National Curriculum.
Contribution to leader competence
- an understanding of organisational and safety issues which affect the visit
- knowledge of the area around the centre and an understanding of its educational potential
- experience and leadership in a range of outdoor activities pupils can undertake whilst visiting St Michael's
- an understanding of programme planning and a draft programme for your visit.
- Events are usually held in September and January each year. Please contact St Michael’s for current dates.