Hill and Moorland/Mountain Leader Award Pre-assessment Refresher Days
These days are for anyone preparing for a Hill and Moorland Leader or Mountain Leader assessment. The day will concentrate on practical hill navigation skills in the Dark Peak with the opportunity to discuss all other aspects of the syllabuses of the courses. For Mountain Leader Award candidates there will be the opportunity to practice the skills of ropework and security on steep ground.
Please indicate on your application which award you are preparing for. The dates of the courses are designed to give candidates sufficient time to gain further experience before our next advertised courses.
- to allow candidates to explore any areas of the syllabus they are unsure of
- to provide a refresher of the skills and knowledge necessary for assessment
- to give advice to candidates on further experience necessary before assessment.
Contribution to leader competence
- a better understanding of your readiness for assessment and a refinement of the skills and knowledge necessary for a successful assessment.
- Sunday 23 September 2018 - Closing date for application Monday 10 September 2018