Foundation Safety and Rescue
This course is the British canoe union’s water safety course for paddlers, kayak or canoe, covering a wide range of safety situations and the most current thinking on techniques and equipment. It is also a prerequisite for the British Canoe Union level one coach award training scheme.
- to provide a safe introduction to water activities
- to provide an understanding of water safety issues
- to see how water activities can contribute to the wider curriculum
- to offer a route to developing further skills and qualifications
- to understand how water activities can develop individuals and teams
- to provide awareness of key things to look for when booking an external provider
Contribution to leader competence
- develop initial skills and confidence in white water activities
- better understanding of curriculum opportunities offered by white water activities
- awareness of minimum requirements for booking safe providers of white water activities
- develop an understanding of how white water activities can enhance group dynamics.
|Event date||Application closing date|
|Sunday 17 March 2019||Friday 1 February 2019|