Expedition Supervisor Update Course Duke of Edinburgh Award (ESTC)
The Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) Expedition Supervisor Training Course Udate is suitable for all expedition supervisors who wish to further their knowledge in this area.
It is a requirement of all Expedition Supervisors under the NCC licence to undertake this course every five years.
- understand the role of the Expedition Supervisor, Assessor and other adults involved in the delivery of the Expedition section
- understanding the process of remote supervision
- understanding the importance of emergency procedures
- understanding the duty of care held by the supervisor
Contribution to leader competence
- DofE knowledge; including a full understanding of the requirements of the Expedition section
- technical skills; including skills in the method of travel, navigation, camp craft and first aid
- people skills; including the ability to work well with both young people and other adults in a supportive manner
- awareness of Nottinghamshire Safe Guarding Policy
- awareness of Nottinghamshire Accident/Incident reporting policy.
Participants must have
- have completed the DofE’s full ESTC Course within the last five years
- be a current registered volunteer within NCC
- have been approved by their Operating Authority/AAP to attend the course
Applications and enquires to:
- The Mill Adventure Base, Kings Mill Reservoir, Sutton in Ashfield, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 4PA
- telephone: 01623 556110
- email: email@example.com.
|Event date||Applications close|
|Saturday 17 November 2018||Friday 19 october 2018|
|Saturday 9 February 2019||11 January 2019|