Expedition Supervisor Training Course (ESTC)
The course is accredited by the Nottinghamshire Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) Operating Authority and is compulsory for all leaders wishing to undertake the Expedition Supervisor role within the authority. It may be recognised by other Licensed Organisations/Approved Activity Providers and external delegates should ensure it meets their local requirements.
- understanding the role of the Expedition Supervisor, Assessor and other adults involved in the delivery of the Expedition section
- understanding the process of remote supervision
- understanding the importance of emergency procedures
- understanding the duty of care held by the Supervisor.
Contribution to leader competence
- DofE knowledge; including a full understanding of the requirements of the Expedition section and the importance of remote supervision
- technical skills; include skills in the method of travel, navigation, camp craft and first aid
- people skills; including the ability to work well with both young people and other adults in a supportive manner
- awareness of Nottinghamshire Safe Guarding Policy
- awareness of Nottinghamshire Accident/Incident reporting policy.
Participants must have
- have completed the DofE’s e-induction and has a letter of completion
- have completed the DofE’s Introduction to the Award
- have been approved by their Operating Authority/AAP to attend the course
- held/operated with a technical competence award for more than one year to undertake the expedition supervisor’s role.
All delegates will be provided with a copy of The Expedition Guide, which is included in the cost of the course.
|Event date||Application closing date|
|Saturday 17 November 2018||19 October 2018|
|Saturday 9 February 2019||Friday 11 January 2019|