Expedition Accredited Assessor Scheme (EEAS)
The Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) Expedition Assessor Accreditation Scheme (EAAS) is the
national training route to becoming an accredited Expedition Assessor. Complete the EAAS if
you wish to assess DofE expeditions.
- have a clear understanding of your role and responsibilities as an Expedition Assessor
- increase your knowledge of the Expedition section
- have the opportunity to network with other Expedition Assessors
- achieve a nationally recognised DofE accreditation and Expedition Assessor’s ID card
- have been trained to assess in a variety of situations and locations across the UK.
Contribution to leader competence
- DofE knowledge; including a full understanding of the requirements of the Expedition section
- technical skills; including skills in the method of travel, navigation, camp craft and first aid
- people skills; including the ability to work well with both young people and other adults in a supportive manner
- awareness of Nottinghamshire Safe Guarding Policy
- awareness of Nottinghamshire Accident/Incident reporting policy.
Participants must have
- have completed the DofE’s e-induction and has a letter of completion
- have completed the DofE’s Introduction to the Award
- have been approved by their Operating Authority/AAP to attend the course
- held/operated with a technical competence award for more than three years.
All delegates will be provided with a DofE Reward Card, which gives you a 20% discount off all
full price items at Cotswold Outdoors (in store and online)
|Event date||Application closing date|
|Sun 15 January 2017||Thu 1 December 2016|