British Canoe Union 3 Star Assessment (Kayak)
This course is part of the British Canoe Union scheme for assessing an individuals competency to take part in river trips and a prerequisite for the Level 2 coach award, that allows you to run independent sessions for groups with certain locations and condition. Training for this award can also be arranged if you require by contacting The Mill to discuss this option in advance.
- to demonstrate personal competency in Kayaking
- to develop paddlesports within the wider curriculum
- to offer a route to developing further skills and qualifications
- to understand how paddlesports can develop individuals and teams
- to provide awareness of key things to look for when booking a provider.
Contribution to leader competence
- further develop skills and confidence in kayaking
- a better understanding of curriculum opportunities offered by paddlesports
- awareness of minimum requirements for booking safe providers of paddlesports
- develop an understanding of how paddlesports can enhance group dynamics
|Event date||Application closing date|
|Saturday 13 October 2018||Friday 21 September 2018|