The Government requires that each local authority maintain a Schools Forum to represent its school’s views on matters relating to the total Schools' Budget. There are national regulations which govern the composition, constitution and procedures of Schools Forums. Although they operate in a mainly consultative and advisory role, Schools Forums also have some decision making powers in relation to the balance between the delegated and centrally retained funds within the Schools' Budget.
Schools forum vacancies
School and Academy membership
Maintained primary schools (6 representatives)
- Ashfield: Louise Regan, Hillocks Primary School
- Gedling: Andrew Rossington, Arno Vale School
- Broxtowe: Adrian Nash, Round Hill and Lynn Corner-Brown, Wadsworth (shared role)
- Mansfield: Helen Atkins, Leas Park Junior School - vice chair
- Rushcliffe: Ly Toom, Abbey Road Primary School.
Maintained secondary schools (1 representative)
Academy (7 representatives)
- David Bell – Joseph Whitaker School (EMET Trust)
- Anne Hall – Carlton Junior Academy (Redhill Trust)
- Neil Holmes – Diverse Academy Learning Partnership
- James MacDonald – Whitehills Park Federation.
Maintained special schools (1 representative)
- Dawn Wigley, Ash Lea School.
Academy special schools (1 representative)
Governors (5 representatives)
- Tony Colton, Minister, Maintained Secondary
- Fiona Jones – Winthorpe Primary
- Amanda Williams – Albany Infant and Nursery
- Mark Thixton – Priestsic Primary.
Private, voluntary and independent nursery providers (2 representatives)
- Karen O'Connell – Early Years Consultation Group
- Karen Richards – Early Years Consultation Group
Diocesan representatives (2 representatives)
- Church of England Diocese: Claire Meese, Diocesan Director of Education
- Roman Catholic Diocese: Carlo Cuomo, Headteacher, Christ the King - CHAIR
14-19 Partnership representative (1 representative)
Trade union representatives (2 representatives)
- Teacher trade unions: Joe Jeffries, NASUWT
- Support Staff unions: Jo Myers, UNISON
- Nottinghamshire school forums constitution [PDF]
- The schools forums (England) regulations [PDF]
- School forums:
- Appendix A: Illustrative allocations under the NFF and LFF [PDF]
- Appendix B: Impact of transferring 0.5% of schools block funding to the high needs block [PDF]
- Appendix C: Impact of not transferring 0.5% of schools block funding to the high needs block [PDF]
- Appendix D: Reduction in 2, 3 and 4 year old hourly rate to create the Inclusion Fund [PDF]
- Schools and Early Years Local Funding Formula 2018-19 Consultation [PDF]