Reading groups are about meeting people, enjoying reading and sharing thoughts and feelings about books. There are currently over 30 groups in Nottinghamshire libraries. Groups usually meet once a month. Books are provided by the library service.
Interested? Why not
- join a library reading group? Or perhaps set a new reading group up?
- drop in at one of our regular Reading Cafés?
- try out an online reading group?
- come along to a reading event?
Joining an existing group
To find out about reading groups at your local library or in your local area
If you live in Nottingham City, the City Council maintain their own list of reading groups.
Setting up a new group
We are happy to support new reading groups by:
- providing up to 12 copies of many titles
- helping you advertise for reading group members.
The East Midlands Regional Reading Group Project has produced a reading pack to help you get started with 12 downloadable sheets in PDF format
- Welcome to the Reading Pack [PDF] - to give you some ideas
- First meeting: getting started [PDF]
- General discussion questions [PDF]
- How to run the group [PDF]
- Web reading guides [PDF]
- Just getting into Reading [PDF]
- Reading Group Registration Form [PDF]
- Reading Group Possibilities [PDF]
- East Midlands Regional Reading Group Network - project information [PDF]
- Logos [PDF]
Online reading groups
There are an increasing number of online reading groups. Why not try one of these?