Strategic plan 2014 - 2018
Our strategic plan sets out the County Council's priorities, promises and values for 2014 - 2018 to the people of Nottinghamshire.
The following priorities represent what we plant to do with each service we provide. The documents below are taken from the strategic plan:
- Supporting safe and thriving communities [PDF]
- Protecting the environment [PDF]
- Supporting economic growth and employment [PDF]
- Providing care and promoting health [PDF]
- Investing in our future [PDF]
Our vision is to make Nottinghamshire a better place to live, work and visit.
To deliver our plan we want to help staff utilise their skills and experience to find innovative and creative approaches and new ways of working.
Our plan will be built on the following three values. We will use these values to guide our decision making through the years ahead.
Treating people fairly
- create a culture which treats people fairly and where resources are targeted to meet the needs of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged
- make sure that we focus on improving the lives of those least able to help themselves – the most vulnerable children, young people and adults in our communities
- make sure that those who need the most support get it so that everyone gets the opportunity to fulfill their potential
- deliver high standards of customer care and respond to what we hear from our customers.
Value for money
The amount of money we have to spend will reduce considerably. In order to protect front-line services as much as we can, we will need to make sure that:
- spend every penny wisely and effectively
- live within our means
- continue to make sure that all spend is cost effective.
We act as a community leader for Nottinghamshire and we will work with our partners and residents to ensure we:
- priorities resources to get the best for our communities
- make choices only once we have listened to what communities want and need.
To be more efficient we will work more closely with our partners across the public, business and voluntary sector. By joining forces with others we can make sure we deliver improved outcomes.